Everyone’s favorite ingredient for the fall season – pumpkin – is here and better than ever with this Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Manna Drizzle recipe.
1 cup Organic Coconut Flour
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup Organic Shortening
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1.5 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp + 2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup Organic Coconut Manna
1 Tbsp Organic Liquid Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 12-count cupcake holder with liners (or coat very well with oil / spray).
3. Place all dry ingredients in one bowl. Stir, and set aside.
4. Place all wet ingredients and beat together by hand (or with a handheld or immersion blender).
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir together by hand.
6. Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling a little more than 3/4 way full.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 29-33 minutes, until the tops are golden brown (depending on your oven).
8. Remove from oven.
9. Add Manna Drizzle and sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice, as desired.
1. Measure Organic Coconut Manna then melt.
Place both ingredients in a pan on the stove and heat on low to medium-low, stirring constantly until completely melted together.
2. Remove from heat and use as drizzle.
‘Tis the season. Pumpkin, pumpkin, and more pumpkin. We have always created the very best pumpkin drinks and treats. Take for instance our Pumpkin Donuts, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Classic Pumpkin Pie, and even a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl.
The “all-things-pumpkin” trend never slows down, year-upon-year.
And once we created this Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Manna Drizzle recipe, our pumpkin excitement was ignited yet again.
If you’ve been looking for the real, little-extra spiciness from a pumpkin recipe, this is it!
We swapped out all gluten and grains and swapped in the Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour. Using coconut flour for all your baking needs can be tricky, but we have mastered the ins-and-outs of incorporating it into delicious, baked goods. You can, too!
The perfect muffin recipe uses butter, but we traded it for the Nutiva Organic Shortening, which is a blend of organic red palm and coconut oils creates an exceptional non-hydrogenated plant based Organic Shortening for both baking and frying.
These muffins on their own are incredible, but to give them that final boost into perfection, we added a Manna Drizzle. Making it could not be easier. All it requires is Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna mixed with a little Nutiva Organic Liquid Coconut Oil. You heat them both together over the stove on low, and then liberally drizzle over the Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
Though this recipe makes for a wonderful breakfast option, it’s such a treat that it can be served as dessert, too.
It contains no gluten, grains, soy, refined sugars, or dairy. The recipe is Paleo, and it’s so good that no one will know they are eating such a high-quality muffin.