What is a Thanksgiving without the gravy? But what if you prefer a Vegan Gravy? We have a recipe to make your very own Vegan Gravy today!
1 cup plus a ½ cup Pacific Vegetable Broth
¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
1 clove of garlic, sliced
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Flour
1 tablespoon Sonoma Harvest Cider (red wine could be used)
¾ teaspoon Eden Brown Mustard
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon Organic Coconut Sugar
1. In a large pan, heat three tablespoons of coconut oil.
2. Add the Nutiva Hempseeds and cook stirring frequently, for about three minutes until it begins to smell nutty.
3. In the pan move the cooked hempseeds to the side and add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Fry the garlic until slightly crispy and fragrant, about a minute.
4. Stir in the nutritional yeast and sea salt.
5. Add the Sonoma Harvest Cider, Eden Brown Mustard, Nutiva Coconut Sugar, one cup Pacific Vegetable broth. Stir well.
6. Whisk in the Coconut Flour.
7. Add the other ½ cup of Pacific Vegetable Broth and stir.
8. Let cool down for five minutes then add to a food processor.
9. Pulse until creamy.
10. Serve over Cauliflower Faux “Mashed Potatoes”
This Vegan Gravy will complement any Superfood Holiday Menu perfectly.
With ingredients like broth, nutritional yeast, hempseed, and coconut flour, you’re in for a really “gravy” treat!