A delicious and healthy meal in one dish! This is the perfect dish for a special occasion or for an every day breakfast, brunch or snack. Rich and nourishing, this recipe works for a vegetarian and gluten-free diet.
2 tbsp. Organic Red Palm Oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ leek, chopped
¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
2 zucchini, sliced
3 mushroom, sliced
3 tbsp. goat cheese
8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
2 cups spinach, cut
2 gold potatoes, par-boiled
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. Italian herbs or herbs de Provence
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. marjoram
1 tsp. capers
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease quiche dish with 1/2 tbsp. Red Palm Oil.
3. Par-boil the gold potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove from pot and let cool.
4. Sauté the garlic, leeks and zucchini with herbs and salt in Red Palm Oil for 5 minutes, add mushrooms on top to gently cook.
5. Slice potatoes and line the bottom of the greased quiche dish.
6. Layer the wilted spinach on top of the potatoes.
7. Spread the sautéed zucchini, leek and herb mix on top of the spinach.
8. Place mushrooms, sliced tomatoes, bits of goat cheese on top of sautéed vegetables and add capers, desired pepper and salt.
9. Beat eggs in a bowl and gently pour over prepared quiche.
10. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.